Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Pictograph 1944 By Adolph Gottlieb


In the painting it looks like a bunch of different objects. But the object that stood out was a pair of eyes. When I saw the eyes it seemed like the eyes are what saw all of these objects. which relates to the self portrait a little bit. The eyes are looking at the surroundings and that is what the eyes see, and since the objects are a bit distorted that is how the eyes sees it. So basically to me it seems like what the objet sees they judge, just like people are judged everyday be people. i think that the reason this piece of art stood out to me is mainly because of how everything was drawn. The eyes remind me of someone who is judgmental about everything, because they have kind of like a sly look to them as if the person is talking about someone. Another reason is because I like the way everything was laid out in the painting. It had sort of a organized but unorganized look to it. I also like it because to me it shows what another person sees.

0 comments: